Here in a nutshell is the negotiations update from Thursday (1/14):
We have made absolutely no progress on salary!
Meanwhile, District’s reserves swell and our purchasing power erodes….
Let’s be clear:
- A 3.5% salary increase is not good enough for us.
- No added steps to the salary schedule is an insult.
- Many of us are already DOWN one percent this year with the increased contributions to STRS.
If this upsets you, please attend
- Tuesday’s (January 19th) Union meeting at 11am. in SS140 AND
- the Board meeting on Wednesday (January 20th) at 6:30 pm.
The District needs to hear from you.
CCFF Communications Chair
Norwalk, California 90650
(562) 860-2451 extension 2625
The labor movement did not diminish the strength of the nation but enlarged it. By raising the living standards of millions, labor miraculously created a market for industry and lifted the whole nation to undreamed of levels of production. Those who attack labor forget these simple truths, but history remembers them.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Speech to AFL-CIO
Dec. 11, 1961