Spring 2021 Elections Committee
Greetings brothers and sisters! Welcome to the Elections Committee page. This page will be updated periodically as events take place or need to be announced. We would like to introduce you to Jason Hultman, CCFF Elections Committee Chair. Jason is leading the Spring 2021 Elections Committee team. Many thanks to the volunteers who have agreed to serve during this important process.
This Spring CCFF is having elections for all ten executive board positions between the dates of April 14th to April 21st. These positions include:
- CCFF President
- Vice President Full – Time Faculty
- Vice President Part – Time Faculty
- Full Time Faculty Member at Large
- Part Time Faculty Member at Large
- Non Instructional Member at Large
- Communications Chair
- COPE Chair
Each position must be held by a CCFF member, will serve a duration of a two year term, and will take office on the day after the last official day of this semester.
All Executive Board Officers should be available for Executive Board meetings, which are held on Mondays 9:30-11am, as well as Public Executive Board meetings, which are held on the third Tuesday of every month during Fall and Spring semesters at 11:00 am -12:30 pm.
Should you need further details on the organization and responsibilities of each position, please feel free to read the Constitution and Bylaws here.
This is a call for nominations starting February 28th and ending Thursday March 11th at 8:00pm.
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for these positions please respond at email@example.com no later than 8:00 pm on Thursday March 11th. I will contact those nominated during this period and ask if they accept their nomination.
At the time of your nomination, you will be asked to complete an application, in which you can accept or decline the nomination and provide a description of your qualifications, should you accept. Completed applications are due by 11:59 pm on Thursday, March 11th, 2021
After those who are nominated have been notified of their nominations and upon completion of their applications, they will be invited to a Candidate Rules Meeting on Friday March 12th from 1:00 pm – 2:00pm where the Election Committee will go over campaigning and election rules. Please let me know of your nominations and here is to a smooth campaign and election cycle.
Jason Hultman – CCFF Elections Committee Chair
Anna DeMichele – CCFF Elections Committee Member
Ralph Casas – CCFF Elections Committee Member
Voting In the CCFF Spring 2021 Election
Any CCFF member can vote electronically in the election via election buddy. If you are a non-member, please join CCFF so you can vote by filling out the membership form.
Election Rules (pending revision)
The election committee will hold an online candidate meeting and at that time election rules will be discussed and candidates will be able to ask questions.
You can find information about the CCFF election rules by reviewing Article II, section 1 of our Bylaws. In addition to those rules, the election committee has also adopted the following:
- All nominations were posted to the CCFF website as they came in.
- The CCFF Membership Chair will confirm that all nominees have been members for at least 45 days prior to the election.
- Nominations for current members of the Election Committee will not be accepted.
- All union members who have been identified as current members of the bargaining unit by the District will be eligible to vote and will receive links to the electronic ballot via their Cerritos College email address.
- Candidates will be provided with a list of union members who are current members of the bargaining unit. This list will include campus email addresses for those members. Candidates will need to sign a nondisclosure agreement when they receive this information.
- Candidates may not send email messages to any faculty listserv. The only communications allowed about the election via the campus listserv will be those from the Election Committee that notify the campus community that the election is open, where to find candidate information, how to participate or view official candidate forums, and how to join the union in order to vote.
- If candidates wish to email union members, they must do so from an off-campus email address by emailing individuals’ campus addresses, not a listserv, as per our bylaws.
- The Election Committee will be notified of any members who join the union after candidates have already received a member list. The Election Committee will notify all candidates of any new union members as soon as possible.
- The membership list may be shared only with current CCFF members.
- Only current CCFF members are allowed to campaign on behalf of a candidate. Such members need not be currently on assignment.
- Only current CCFF members may endorse candidates.
- Current CCFF executive board members may endorse a candidate, but they must do so solely in their capacity as individual union members.