Secretary – Candidates’ Statements
1. Susan McDonald
My leadership & experience you can count on:
- Full-Time faculty member for 8 years
- Department Chair & Program Director for the Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) Program for 8 years:
- Advisory committee meetings (includes taking meeting minutes and disseminating information to members)
- Coordination of information events
- Representation at state and national consortiums and conferences
- Working with curriculum, counseling, ASCC, SLO, Program Review, HR, and other relevant administrative departments
- Acting Medical Assistant Department Chair
- CTE representative on the Developmental Education Committee for 2 years
- Proud union member.
For more information: www.votetheslate.yolasite.com
2. Mariam Youssef
I would be more than happy to serve as CCFF secretary.
In the four years I have been teaching at Cerritos, I have seen the great strides the union to improve my working conditions, and this has inspired me to give of my time and skill as much as possible to continue moving forward.
My organizational skills and experience make me a good fit for this position, as I spent several years organizing meetings and advocacy groups at a women’s shelter. I have good relationships with faculty, staff and students that I will bring with me into my leadership in CCFF. In my roles on the Safe Zone committee and Student Title IX Advocates at Cerritos, I have been able to enthusiastically and effectively bring people together for a common good.
I look forward to working hard as union secretary.
For more information: ccffunity.com