After our negotiations session on 02/11/2022, CCFF and the District have officially moved to jointly file for impasse. At this time CCFF and the District agree to file for impasse on the following issues:
Article 15-Large Class Pay
Article 3-Union Rights
Article 14-Student (Office) Hours
Article 11-Department Chairs
Article 12-Program Directors
The reason these particular articles will be moved to impasse is because they all include some sort of economic element.
The District has begun the process of preparing the appropriate documents. CCFF will review the documents and provide a response and then the paperwork will be jointly filed with California Public Employment Relations Board (PERB).
CCFF and the District will meet to potentially settle the following articles that we believe we are very close on.
Article 37-Faculty Service Areas
Article 35-Payroll Deductions
Article 7 and 16 week calendar MOU-Calendar/16 week Calendar
In today’s meeting we were able to reach a tentative agreement (TA) on Article 18: Sick Leave. The changes to this article move our sick leave from three “buckets” (overload, summer, and regular) into two “buckets” (basic and excess). All accrued leave up to 12 days annually will be put into your basic sick leave. Any sick leave accrued beyond 12 days annually will be excess sick leave. All of your historical overload and summer sick leave will be reallocated into either basic or excess sick leave as of July 1, 2022.
As an example, going forward, faculty will no longer be required to only use summer sick leave during summer assignment or overload sick leave in our overload assignment.
Please see the last economic (salary) proposals, from both the District and CCFF, prior to impasse below. This is where both parties do not agree.
CCFF Salary Package
- 2021-2022 salary increase- COLA (5.07%)+3.85%
- 2022-2023 salary increase-COLA+3%
- 2023-2024 salary increase-COLA+2%
- Adding educational columns to both part time faculty salary schedules to better mirror the full time faculty salary schedule
- Increase the instructional PT parity rate to .635
- Fill all boxes on the FT Faculty Salary Schedule to include longevity increases to all columns
District Salary Package
- 2021-2022-All unit members shall receive a one-time off schedule payment equivalent to 3% of their 21-22 base salary
- 2022-2023-All unit members shall receive a one-time off schedule payment equivalent to 2% of their 21-22 base salary
- 2023-2024-All unit members shall receive a one-time off schedule payment equivalent to 2% of their 21-22 base salary
- Part time parity rate for 2021-2022 increases to .555
- Part time parity rate for 2022-2023 increases to .565
- Part time parity rate for 2023-2024 increases to .570
CCFF is working as fast as we can to make sure we get in front of a mediator so we can receive our COLA+ before the semester ends.
We will be further discussing the detailed changes in the 21-24 CBA in our future events. We invite you to join us for the 2/18/2022 event (Virtual Coffee with CCFF) and the 03/25/2022 event (Annual Membership Workshops and Business Meeting).
CCFF will also be holding impasse workshops to help inform our members about the impasse process as it progresses. Be on the lookout for dates and more information soon!
April Bracamontes, Ed.D
(preferred pronouns: she\her\hers)
CCFF Vice President Full Time
March 28, 2022 Impasse Updates
What Can You Do Now?
Use the following CCFF graphics from the Contract Campaign Gallery in your meetings with District personnel. You can change your ZOOM profile picture or your virtual background to show your support for a fair & equitable contract. We have been in negotiations for over a year now, it is time to show the District we are united and we are ready to win this fight.
Do you need more help changing your ZOOM profile or campus email picture? Not a problem. Feel free to contact any CCFF officer at email@example.com.
Do you need more help changing your ZOOM background, profile or campus email picture? Feel free to contact any CCFF officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Communications Chair at email@example.com.