Campus Equity Week – Social Media Toolkit
October 24-28, 2022
Note: If you are not on social media but would still like to participate, please follow the instructions below and send your photos to CFT Communications Director Matthew Hardy at email@example.com.
Please take a moment October 24-28 to post on your social media (Twitter / Instagram / Facebook) for Campus Equity Week.
Step 1: Take a selfie – print and hold one of our signs using images linked to below (if using blank sign i.e. middle image, write a brief sentence with sharpie).
If you don’t want to take a selfie, you can use Image #3 below.
Step 2: Post your photo along with a message (samples below), making sure to use the hashtags #CampusEquityWeek and #FacultyHealthcareNow, and tagging @cftunion if there is space.
Step 3: Encourage your fellow faculty to post as well!
Images to utilize (print and hold #1 or 2 for selfie, or use #3 if no selfie):
- Sign to hold:
- Blank sign to write on and hold (fill in your own message, e.g. 6-10 words):
- Image to simply post with your text (without taking a selfie):
Text of your post:
- Compose a post explaining why healthcare matters to you, your family, your colleagues, etc. Be sure to include #CampusEquityWeek and #FacultyHealthcareNow, and tag @cftunion if there’s space.
Here is sample language for posts you can use instead of composing your own text::
- No better time than #CampusEquityWeek to remind your community college administration that part-time faculty deserve quality, affordable healthcare. #FacultyHealthcareNow @cftunion
- Gov. Newsom & the Legislature stood with us & committed $200 million in annual funding for part-time faculty healthcare. Now we need [insert name of your community college] to step up & negotiate quality, affordable, & accessible healthcare for all faculty #CampusEquityWeek #FacultyHealthcareNow
- My family deserves quality, affordable healthcare. And my wellness and stability help me support my students. #CampusEquityWeek #FacultyHealthcareNow @cftunion
- Like many part-time community college faculty I am a ‘freeway flyer’. I teach in multiple districts just to get by. It’s time for quality, affordable healthcare for all faculty. #CampusEquityWeek #FacultyHealthcareNow @cftunion
- Quality, affordable healthcare for part-time faculty will mean the world to not just me and my family, but my ability to be there for my students as well. #CampusEquityWeek #FacultyHealthcareNow
Campus Equity Week toolkit on CFT.org
For more great resources and materials, check out the Campus Equity Week toolkit on CFT.org. Materials include Zoom backgrounds, links to more materials, and more.
CCFF President’s Monthly Updates